I have written and re-written this post three times already. For some reason, my head is empty of words. It could most defiantly be the carb coma I put myself in after eating a serving fit for a king of this One-Skillet Pizza Lasaga. What? I can’t help it. Cheesy carbs meshed together with the goodness of pizza is irresistible.
If you decide to take a chance on this One-Skillet Pizza Lasagna, don’t forget to #YNGBRKANDHNGRY on Instagram so I can see it. High Five!
- 1 15 oz container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 1 15 oz jar tomato sauce
- 7 oven-ready lasagna sheets
- 1 16 oz fresh mozzarella log
- 1 5 oz package pepperoni
- 6 torn basil leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix ricotta, egg, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a heavy bottom skillet, place ⅛ cup of tomato sauce on the bottom. Spread it around so it evenly coats the surface. Break up two lasagna sheets and place over sauce. Layer ricotta, torn pieces of mozzeralla, pepperoni and 2-3 spoonfuls of tomato sauce. Repeat the layers, ending with the noodles. Top with remaining sauce, mozzarella, spoonfuls of ricotta, pepperoni and torn basil leaves. Bake in oven for 35 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly. Serve hot.