This recipe is one of those throw everything into a pot and hope for the best kind of meals. I shouldn’t have been surprised it turned out so well though. Hummus is a miracle worker! And is a staple in my fridge for good reason.
What you have here is whole wheat pasta, creamy hummus, spinach, artichoke hearts and chopped roasted cashews. I’m starting to get the hang of layering textures in my meals or at least the importance of crunch. It really takes what your serving to a whole new level of flavor. Also, pasta water. Whenever you make pasta, reserve two tablespoons of water so that the sauce clings to the noodle’s better. I’m sure you already knew that though! Enjoy.
- 1 pound uncooked whole wheat pasta
- 1 cup garlic-flavored hummus
- 1/2 bag of frozen spinach
- 1/2 bag of frozen artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup roasted chopped cashews
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan over medium heat, cook spinach and artichoke hearts for 5 minutes or until no longer frozen.
- Reserve two tablespoons pasta water then proceed to drain the pasta. Stir in hummus until well coated. Then toss in spinach and artichoke hearts into the pot. Top with roasted cashews. Serve.