I was reluctant to publish this post because of the quality of pictures. Word of advice: don’t try to use a camera right when you wake up. The results are never pleasing to the eye. Nonetheless, these Brownie Gingerbread Cookies were too delicious to keep from you. Not to mention, easy as 1,2,3. I like to avoid box mixes when I can but the holidays are such a hectic time of the year. Why not take the stress free route?
If you are a longtime reader of this little old blog, then you are aware of my deep love for gingerbread and chocolate. Just a month or two ago, I posted this recipe for Chocolate Dipped Caramel Ginger Cookies, which you should also add to your Christmas baking list. These Brownie Gingerbread Cookies though are not as spicy. The flavors are there but they are more muted. Nonetheless, these Brownie Gingerbread Cookies will disappear fast at any cookie exchange. In fact, I would keep a few for your self when a late night craving strikes. Enjoy!
- 1 box of gingerbread cookie mix
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 box of brownie mix
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the gingerbread cookie mix according to directions. Fold in white chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together brownie mix and flour. Stir in eggs and oil until combined.
- Form gingerbread dough into a 1 inch balls. Scoop an equal size of the brownie mixture and squish it together with the gingerbread portion.
- Place on a greased baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
- Once cool, drizzle with white chocolate.