Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you Honey Pear Grilled Cheese. It’s a delicious departure from the traditional hum bug boring sandwich. The mild muenster cheese compliments the tangy yellow mustard and sweet honey beautifully if I do say so myself.
- 1 ripe pear, cored and sliced
- 4 slices of muenster cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- Heat a griddle or skillet on medium-high heat. Spread, honey and yellow mustard on two slices of bread on one side. Top with pear slices and cheese--put one slice of cheese on the bread first, then the pears, then the remaining slice of cheese. Put remaining bread slices on top of the sandwiches.
- Cook until bottom of sandwich is browned, 3-5 minutes. Flip over and cook 3-5 minutes more.