Happy National Ice Cream Cake Day! Don’t you just love food holidays? I for one do because it’s an excuse to celebrate the everyday. And in case you’re wondering, there is literally a food holiday on EVERY single day of the calendar year.
August 20th – National Bacon Lovers Day
August 21st – National Sweet Tea Day
August 22nd – National Eat a Peach Day
Wouldn’t it be grand if the government actually recognized them and we would have a random Monday off because it’s National I Love Food Day (Sep 9th)? Man, I could totally get behind that. Weekends feel as if they race by me at breakneck speed.
This Death By Chocolate Ice Cream Cake though will cure the most serious case of Monday blues. Are you ready for this? Layers of chocolate chip brownies, chocolate ice cream, and chocolate crunchies, which are, crushed Oreos and magic shell mixed together, is then topped by a river of chocolate fudge sauce. I got a sugar rush just by typing that sentence. Totally worth it!
The best part is you don’t have to transform into Martha Stewart to make this ice cream cake. I store bought the ice cream and brownie mix. One quick recommendation: Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie mix is the bomb dot com. If you are going to go the shortcut route, buy the best quality at the lowest price aka Ghirardelli. No, I wasn’t paid to say that, I just really know my brownies due to extensive research. Enjoy!
- 1-quart chocolate ice cream
- 1 box brownie mix
- 2½ cups double chocolate Oreo crumbs
- 1 7.25 ounce bottle Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping
- Prepare brownies according to the directions on the back of the box. Set aside and cool.
- Place two rows of double chocolate Oreo's into a food processor. Pulse into fine crumbs. Pour the magic shell over the cookie crumbs and mix.
- In a 8-inch spring form pan, layer the brownies, the chocolate ice cream, the crunchies, ice cream, brownies, and ice cream until you have run out of ingredients. Vague? Yes but really this masterpiece is at your whim. You can layer however you like. Nobody will care when they are shoving ice cream cake into their mouths.
- Freeze for six hours. Serve cold - duh.