You know that song I’m all about that bass? Well If I could change the lyrics to I’m all about that pesto, I would. It’s my jam. There are a million and one recipe’s floating around the Internet with different variations. Kale, parsley, basil, walnuts and so forth. The options are truly endless. However, since Valentines Day is on Saturday, I thought how perfect would it be to make pink pesto? And guess what ingredient makes pink pesto? Beets!
Don’t run away screaming just yet. This pesto doesn’t really taste like beets. It just adds a touch of sweetness and earthiness. Sounds good, right? Good, come join me in the kitchen.For convenience sake, I used canned beets, which can be easily found at your local grocery store. After that, you add Parmesan cheese, olive oil, raw almonds and a twist of lemon and blend. This pesto would be amazing on pasta, chicken, PIZZA, pretty much anything! Enjoy.
- 1 cup canned red baby beets, drained
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Add all ingredients except for the oil to a food processor or blender and pulse several times.
- Leaving the food processor (or blender) running, slowly add the olive oil until all ingredients are well combined. If the pesto is too thick for your blender to process, add a small amount of water until desired consistency is reached.