It’s my birthday! I am officially twenty-three years old. Everybody say’s your twenties are the time for you to figure out what you want to do, who you want to be and what you want to get out of life. Geez, no pressure or anything. However, I don’t think once you hit thirty, you stop growing as a person. Life is a journey, not a sprint. Twenty-two was a good year, but I’m looking forward to see what happens next. Finger’s crossed it will include an adorable French pug named Edward.You’re probably wondering why there isn’t a recipe for a cake. Well because, I didn’t feel like it. Standing in a hundred degree kitchen and fretting over uneven chocolate cake layers sounded dreadful. So instead I made this Peach Caprese Salad. Juicy yellow peaches layered with creamy mozzarella and basil is my own personal heaven. Reducing the balsamic vinegar is not necessary but if you do decide to do it, head on over to Mountain Mama Cooks. She does a bang up job explaining how to get a perfect reduced balsamic glaze. Enjoy!
- 1 medium large peach, pitted and sliced about ¼ inch thick
- 1 (8-ounce) ball fresh mozzarella
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cut the mozzarella into 8 slices, each about ¼ inch thick.
- On a serving platter, arrange the cheese, basil leaves, and peaches in a fan pattern , alternating them in that order.
- Drizzle with oil and balsamic vinegar.