Once 4 a clock hits, its as if my brain shuts downs and no longer wants to function. I have to force myself to stay awake, even though all I want to do is take a nap. Since coffee isn’t an option so late in the day for me, I rely on other forms of energy like working out or sometimes a small cup of matcha.
Unlike a hit of espresso, matcha has 34mg of caffeine vs. 60 mg. The amino acids and L- Theanine has a slow calming effect so you aren’t a jittery mess. Matcha is also full of anti-oxidants and detoxes the body.
These Matcha Superfood Energy Balls will help keep you full throughout the day. They are nutrient dense with tons of minerals, plant-based protein and fiber. Make a double batch and stash half in the freezer so you never run into a hangry emergency again.
Made with Moringa Powder, which has 25% protein including all 9 amino acids, hemp seeds, raw cashews and matcha these little balls are nothing but pure goodness. They have an earthy spinach taste that is tempered by the sweetness from the coconut sugar. Enjoy!
If you decide to take a chance on these Matcha Superfood Energy Balls, don’t forget to #youngbrokehungry on Instagram so I can see it. High five!
- 1¼ cup raw cashews
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon matcha
- 1 teaspoon morgina powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2½ tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- In a high speed blender or food processor, grind all the ingredients into a thick, moist dough.
- With your hands, roll 1 tablespoon of dough into balls. Repeat until there is no mixture left.
- Store in a glass container in the fridge for up to two weeks.