The other day my mom dragged me along to buy some plants to add to her edible garden. As we were strolling through the aisles, debating between the best kind of tomatoes, I suddenly gasped. She assumed I got stung by a bee and started freaking out. Once I calmed her down, I pointed toward an un-assuming tree and said one word – peaches.
My mom still thought I had gotten hit over the head because of my odd behavior. Peaches, I practically yelled again and sprinted over to the leafy tree. Many people do not know this about me, but I have dreamed of owning a peach tree since the beginning of time.
If you’re afraid of pie’s, then you need to try galettes. They are easier and require minimal effort on your part. You simply dump the filling in the middle and fold the uncovered border over the edge of the fruit. WHAM! BAM! INTO THE OVEN!
This Dulce De Leche Peach Galette is a four ingredient dessert that will impress your snootiest dinner guest. Sliced peaches are tossed with sugar, flour and cinnamon with a drizzle of dulce de leche as the finishing touch. It’s rustic, delicious and let’s the peaches shine in all their glory. Enjoy!
If you decide to take a chance on this Dulce De Leche Peach Galette, don’t forget to #youngbrokehungry on Instagram so I can see it. High five!
- 1 9 inch refrigerated pie crust
- 1 pound yellow peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons dulce de leche, warmed slightly in the microwave for about 15 seconds.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Gently lay out pie crust on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, toss peaches with sugar, cinnamon and all-purpose flour. Pile the mixture in the center of the pie crust, leaving a two inch border. Drizzle with dulce de leche.
- Fold the uncovered border over the edge of the fruit and pinch into pleats. Brush with 1 beaten egg and 2 tablespoons of water or butter.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 15 min. Lower heat to 350 degrees F and cook for another 12 min, or until golden brown. Serve with ice cream.