As I have mentioned before, I’m not a huge drinker, but when it’s hotter than Hattie’s outside, sometimes only a cold frosty cocktail will do.
In Seattle, the craft cocktail fad is huge and you get plenty of raised eyebrows if you order a classic like a gin and tonic. No, only fresh pressed guava juice with local distilled vodka and juniper berries is allowed. All kidding aside, I don’t mind it, especially when inspiration stems from the genius minds of these bartenders.
I hadn’t heard about wine slushies until I saw it on a menu at a local restaurant. Can you say love at first sip? Sweet and fruity, you could hardly taste the wine.
As soon as I came home, I dreamt up my own flavor combination – honeydew melon and mint. There is no doubt that you will deem this Honeydew and Mint Wine Slushy your new favorite summer drink. With only two ingredients, it doesn’t get any easier or tastier.
Whip up a batch for friends or for yourself to enjoy on the patio with a good book. Enjoy!
If you decide to take a chance on these Honeydew and Mint Wine Slushies, don’t forget to #youngbrokehungry on Instagram so I can see it. High five!
- About 2 cups honeydew melon, cubed
- 2 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 1 cup sweet riesling white wine
- In a blender, puree honeydew and mint together until frothy. Pour into a ice cube tray and freeze for 6 hours or until frozen.
- Combine frozen honeydew and mint puree and white wine together in a blender. On the highest setting, pulse until smooth. Pour into two glasses and serve.