I hope everyone had a lovely 4th of July! Mine was low key and spent mostly in bed, binge watching the Affair. The first two episodes where slow and kind of confusing, but now I’m hooked. So much drama!
What are you guys loving on T.V right now? With Games of Thrones done and gone for the season, I’m on the hunt for new shows. While I adore summer, it’s the slowest time of the year for programs, which makes sense. You should be outside enjoying the nice weather, but Seattle has been incredibly bi-polar lately. One minute it’s 80 degrees and sunny and the next it’s 60 and cloudy.
If you’re a peanut butter lover, you will adore these cookies! There is almost 1 cup of peanut butter in the recipe, making them so fudgy and thick. You defiantly need a tall glass of milk when you eat one.
The smoked chocolate is a special touch, but if you can’t find it don’t despair. Use regular dark chocolate instead. Enjoy!
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 0z smoked chocolate bar, chopped
- Using a pan with a light colored bottom, melt the butter over medium heat, swirling the pan every so often to ensure it is cooking evenly. As it begins to foam, the color will progress from yellow to golden tan, and then finally toasty brown. Once you smell the nutty aroma, transfer the butter to a heat proof bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together brown butter, brown sugar, white sugar, peanut butter and milk. Fold in the dry ingredients and chopped chocolate.
- Scoop cookie dough onto greased baking sheeting. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with a tall glass of milk.