You know what I love most about al fresco dining? The food is simple and easy to throw together. No one is excepting a five course affair. This Tomato and Goat Cheese Tart falls into the effortless category with only three ingredients. You need a sheet of puff pastry, tomatoes and goat cheese. That’s it!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, sliced
- 3 oz. goat cheese
- Dried basil and parmesan (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place sliced tomatoes in the middle of the puff pastry sheet in two rows. Sprinkle goat cheese over top. Like a letter, fold the two sides to the edge of the tomatoes and then fold the ends over as well. Brush with egg wash. Bake for 30 minutes or until puffy and golden brown. If you want, sprinkle with dried basil and parmesan. Slice and enjoy!