Back when I used to stay at my grandmother’s house, she had bushes upon bushes of lavender. They would perfume the air with their intoxicating scent, and whenever the breeze blew, I would get a wift. Its hard to be stressed out when I was over there.
These Strawberry Lavenders Scones are a perfect breakfast treat to serve your precious mama this Sunday. They are tender, light and are just barely sweetened with lavender sugar.
Fresh juicy strawberries are folded into the dough, then stamped out like biscuits. It can’t get any easier. Enjoy.
If you decide to take a chance on these Strawberry Lavender Scones, don’t forget to #youngbrokehungry on Instagram so I can see it. High five!
- 2⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter ( 1 cup + 2 tablespoons)
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1½ teaspoons lavender buds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cups buttermilk
- 3 strawberries, hulled and chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cut butter into flour with a pastry cutter or your hands, until the mixture resembles course sand, and butter is in pea sized chunks.
- In a food processor, pulse sugar and lavender buds for two pulses. Add flavored sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and vanilla extract to the butter mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Slowly pour in buttermilk, and mix together, until the dough is moistened. Fold in strawberries.
- Turn out onto a floured surface, and pat dough into a ¾ inch thick circle. It will be sticky. Dust flour over top of the dough, and cut out rounds with a biscuit cutter. Place onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until scones are golden brown. Serve warm