Moist and fudgy with a crackly top – brownies are irresistible. In fact, I have never met anyone who has said, “No thank you” if offered one. They are definitely a ‘go to’ when searching for a dessert to bring to a gathering.
In fact, I brought these Dark Chocolate Cocoa Brownies to my friend’s birthday/friendsgiving along with a Gluten Free Pecan Pie Cake. Everybody raved about both desserts but at the end of the night, the brownies were demolished and I still have a piece of the cake left in my fridge. At least I did twenty minutes ago before my boyfriend, aka, the human garbage disposal, came home.
I tested this recipe 3 times, adding a bit more butter, decreasing the cocoa powder, flour and eggs. The result was brownie nirvana. A light melt in your mouth crumble with a rich and deep chocolate flavor that makes you want to break out in song.
With only six ingredients, these Dark Chocolate Cocoa Brownies are ridiculously simple and take 20 minutes from start to finish. You can add chocolate chips to the batter or whatever else your pretty little head can think of. What isn’t optional though, is a faint dusting of powdered sugar on top to dress up the brownies. Enjoy!
If you decide to take a chance on these Dark Chocolate Cocoa Brownies, don’t forget to #youngbrokeandhungry on Instagram so I can see it. High Five!
- 1½ sticks + 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon hot coffee
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup flour
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, heat butter, sugar and dark chocolate coca powder in microwave for 1 minute or until butter is melted. Give the mixture a quick stir.
- Add salt and hot coffee. Mix again, until the batter is shiney.
- Rapidly stir in one egg to ensure it doesn't scramble.
- Fold in flour.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9 by 9 square baking pan. Cook for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool and then dust with powdered sugar. Serve.