I was flabbergasted when I realized there hadn’t been a chocolate recipe on this site in almost a month. What? How is that possible? I’m the queen of chocolate. Obviously, I had to rectify that by making the fudgiest over the top chocolate dessert possible. And you guys? I totally did.
These Dark Chocolate Cheesecake Thumbprint Cookies are rich with a capitol R. I had half of one and couldn’t finish the rest. The base is composed of 7 oz.’s of pure melted dark chocolate with scant ¾ cup flour. It’s a chocolate lover’s dream cookie.
It’s amazing, although that should be a given. These Dark Chocolate Cheesecake Thumbprint cookies deserve a spot on your Christmas, Halloween and Thanksgiving party dessert spread.
So shall we go over this one more time? 85 percent dark chocolate enriched cookies are rolled in crushed graham crackers and finished with a dollop of creamy cheesecake. Wipe the drool off your chin and go start your mixers. Enjoy.
If you decide to take a chance on these Chocolate Cheesecake Thumbprint Cookies, don’t forget to #YNGBRKANDHNGRY on Instagram so I can see it. High Five!
- 2 85% 3.5 oz chocolate bars, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon instant coffee
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ⅔ cup dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chunks
- 1½ cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Heat chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until melted. Add in instant coffee. Set aside to cool.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat eggs, brown sugar and white sugar on high speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low, pour in melted chocolate. Add vanilla extract.
- Mix in flour, baking powder and salt until just combined. Fold in bittersweet chocolate chunks.
- Fill a bowl with graham cracker crumbs. Roll tablespoons of dough into crumbs and drop them 2 - 3 inches apart onto baking sheet. With your thumb, press a indentation in the middle of each cookie. Place baking sheet in fridge while you make the cheesecake filling.
- Clean out bowl and re-fit stand mixer with a whisk attachment. Beat all cheesecake ingredients until well combined.
- Dollop a spoonful of cheesecake mixture into each indention in the cookies. Bake for about 10 minutes or until filling is barely set. Do not over bake!