Do you guys want to throw rotted tomatoes at me for posting a pumpkin recipe? I feel like there is a huge backlash against the bright orange colored fruit this year. Everyone is like shut up about pumpkin! It’s not even fall yet and I’m over here, holding a spatula covered in pumpkin bread batter, looking sheepish.
I get it – I do. You don’t want to give up on long days when the sun doesn’t set until 8:00 pm. BUT…. after living in Los Angeles the past two years where there is only one season – summer, I’m flipping ready for autumn! Give me all the squash, pumpkin, apples and warm scented spices.
Still hate me? Fine but you won’t when you take a bite of this Chocolate Pumpkin Loaf piled high with cinnamon streusel. You might even love me. No? I’ll settle for like then.
It took me three different tries until I hit chocolate pumpkin loaf nirvana. I went a little crazy and added melted chocolate along with the Dutch processed coca powder. It made the end result super gummy. So Instead, I chopped half a bar of dark chocolate to fold into the batter. Gooey pockets of warm chocolate now greet you when you take a bite. Win!
Chocolate Pumpkin Loaf with Cinnamon Streusel would be awesome as a mid-day coffee break snack. Enjoy!
If you decide to take a chance on this Chocolate Pumpkin Loaf with Cinnamon Streusel, don’t forget to #YNGBRKANDHNGRY on Instagram so I can see it. High Five!
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup brewed coffee
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup dutch process coca powder
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped dark chocolate
- Spray a 9 by 5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the streusel, whisk together the first four ingredients. Stir melted butter into sugar mixture until well blended and crumbly. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar, about 5 minutes. Add in the pumpkin and two eggs. Mix on medium high until the ingredients are Incorporated.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together brewed coffee, milk and vanilla.
- In another small bowl, combine the dry ingredients together.
- Set the mixer to medium low and begun to alternate adding the wet and dry to the pumpkin mixture. Once a semi-thick batter forms, turn off the mixer and fold in the dark chocolate.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan and top with cinnamon streusel. Bake for 50 min or until a toothpick in inserted in the middle comes out clean.