Happy Memorial Day Weekend! I hope everybody’s Saturday is off to a wonderful start. I’m currently sitting in my breakfast nook, sipping tea and daydreaming about the summer ahead. Can you believe June is less than a week away? It blows my mind. There will be plenty of good eats and a move to a new apartment that I can’t wait to decorate in various shades of pink. Speaking of good eats when it’s hot out, the last thing I want is a heavy breakfast. So let me introduce you to this Raw Breakfast Crumble with Coconut Whipped Cream.
I’m not the kind of person who follows different food fads but I’m madly in love with Medjool dates, which taste like caramel. In this recipe they are blended together with a combination of raw nuts, cinnamon and vanilla. Then you crumble the mixture over delicious fresh fruit like peaches, blueberries and strawberries. It’s healthy yet filling and taste a thousand times better than bland oatmeal. Watch the video above to see how’s it done!
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup almonds
- ¾ cup pitted medjool dates
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- One 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or more to taste
- 2 cups of sliced/chopped fruit per person
- half a lemon
- For the crumble: Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the mixture holds together when you pinch it. Set aside or keep in the refrigerator if you’re making it ahead.
- For the coconut whipped cream: Place the coconut milk in the refrigerator over night. In the morning, open the can of coconut milk. Scoop out the firm layer of coconut cream that has solidified at the top of the can. Don't include anything but the solid cream! Place this cream in the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large bowl.Turn your mixer or hand beaters to high speed, and whip the coconut cream for 3 to 5 minutes.Whip until it becomes fluffy and light, with soft peaks. Mix in sugar or vanilla.
- Assemble: Place chopped fruit on a serving platter. Squeeze lemon juice over top and sprinkle on the crumble. Top with coconut whipped cream.