I told ya I would be back. 2 months is a long hiatus but I needed to find my way back into the kitchen and actually enjoy it. While baking used to relax me, somehow something changed and I felt the opposite. I guess all it took was a breather because now it’s fun to me again! Hooray.
A couple of weeks ago, I got on a health kick and bought a huge bag of dates because they are natures candy. Rather quickly though, I found out that dates on their own are nothing like candy. So I searched the Internet to find recipes to use them in. Vanilla Lemon Cashew Powerballs are a quick breakfast on the go. They taste like a Lara Bar and will keep you full for hours. I suggest buying your cashews in the bulk food section. Otherwise, they are a tad expensive. Enjoy!
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup chopped pitted baking dates
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a food processor, grind the cashews until they are a course texture. Add the dates and process until the mixture is well combined.
- Mix in the coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, lemon zest, salt and lemon juice. Process until everything is combined and uniform in texture.
- Form the mixture into balls by the heaping tablespoonful and place them into an airtight container. For best results, store in the refrigerator.