Wow! I can’t believe I haven’t posted a new recipe in almost a month. Sorry about that folks but hopefully these Chocolate Chunk Black Bean Recipes will make up for the time lost. Before I dive into these delicious brownies, I have an announcement. My novel “Love of a Rockstar” hit eBook shelves everywhere February 11th, which is partially the reason for my absence. It has been an exciting journey to see my dream come true yet a relentless one. When I am not at my day job, I am writing till my fingers fall off. This blog has been my number one priory for the past year but it’s gonna have to take a backseat, at least until I figure how to manage my time better. I don’t know what that means schedule wise for Young, Broke and Hungry. I may post one, twice or not at all some weeks. Just remember, I’ll always come back! Also, if second chance romances interest you, it would mean the world to me if you checked out, “Love of a Rockstar.” I posted the synopsis below along with purchase links. OK! Enough business talk. BROWNIES.
These Chocolate Chunk Brownies have a scant ¼ cup black beans. You can hardly taste them in the finished product. What you can taste though is a rich fudgy brownie with chocolate chunks scattered throughout. I strongly recommend you under-bake these brownies because will they continue to cook as they cool. Nobody likes dry brownies, am I right? Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash the black beans with a potato masher until creamy.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat butter, semisweet chocolate and unsweetened chocolate together in 30 second burst until melted. Allow to cool.
- Whisk in the eggs and white, one at a time, until mixture is glossy. Beat in sugar, bean puree and vanilla extract.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and sea salt in a small bowl. Add the dry ingredients, all at once, to the chocolate mixture. Fold in chocolate chunks. Once thoroughly combined, pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake brownies for 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out with just a few chocolate crumbs on it.
SYNOPSIS FOR LOVE OF A ROCKSTAR: Marlene Parker thought she met her soul mate at eighteen but when he left her pregnant and alone to pursue a life of rock n roll, she vowed to never love again. Now four years later, she is being offered the dream of a lifetime. Moving to France with her daughter to start anew. There is only one problem. Marlene’s formative ex is back in town, and his pull is strong as ever.
Luke Anderson has everything a man could want. Fame, fortune and enough beautiful women to last him a lifetime. That is until a young runaway shows him what is truly important. Family. A word in which plagues Luke with regret. As a scared twenty two year old he ran away from the love of his life and their unborn child. Now ready to reverse his biggest regret with only three days to do it, Luke’s fate hangs in the balance. The question is, will he be able to convince Marlene their love story deserves a second chance?
BARNES AND NOBLE: http://goo.gl/NQqFvl