I was always weary of Cool Whip since everybody and their mom spouts about how chemically processed it is. I’m not going to deny that claim but let me tell you something. Cool Whip makes an amazing no-bake cheesecake. You get a creamy, light, vanilla scented dessert which firms up within 2 hours. HELLO! Life changed.
In lieu of Valentines Day on Friday, I folded the cheesecake mixture with strawberry jam. One ingredient I’m not a fan of is dye so the natural route is how I do. You get a perfectly pink cheesecake that spells L-O-V-E. If you want you can use store bought chocolate shortbread but the one I listed below taste like a dark chocolate candy bar. Besides what’s an extra 30 minutes? I layered the shortbread and cheesecake mixture in teacups to amp up the cute factor. Your valentine will be smitten.
- ¼ cup cold unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons coca powder
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 8 inch pan with foil and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine all the shortbread ingredients and pulse until fine crumbs form. Press the mixture into the 8 inch pan. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes, until done. Let cool completely.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese on medium speed until light and fluffy. Turn mixer to low, add sugar and vanilla extract. Using a spatula, fold in whipped topping. Then strawberry jam. Refrigerate cheese for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, crumble shortbread with your hands. Start layering in 4 serving cups. Chocolate shortbread, cheesecake, chocolate shortbread and cheesecake.