Say hello to your new favorite dessert. Doughnut Strawberry Shortcakes take five minutes to whip up and can be made with any kind of doughnut. Personally, I like classic glazed but chocolate or sprinkles would work as well.
The idea came to me to use doughnuts instead of biscuits when I saw a huge box of Krispy Crème’s on my counter. My brother eyes are bigger than his stomach, which results in a lot of leftovers. Nonetheless, I can’t complain. There are worse things than leftover doughnuts. With Valentines Day creeping up on us, these shortcakes would be an ideal dessert to serve after a romantic meal for two. Enjoy!
- 2 donuts, cut in half
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium mixing bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold in vanilla extract.
- Spoon a dollop of whipped cream onto each doughnut bottom. Top with strawberries and place doughnut on top. Serve.