DISCLAIMER: This a compensated sponsored post by Campbell’s. I was invited to develop a recipe based off their delicious new dinner sauces, but all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the amazing brands that make this site possible!
Merry Christmas EVE EVE or for everybody else, happy Monday! This post today is dedicated to the procrastinators out there. Thanks to these Sweet Korean BBQ Empanda’s though, your holiday entrée is taken care of. The best part is that they are super easy to make.
- 13 ounce packet of Campbell's Sweet Korean BBQ Slow Cooker Sauce
- 3 pounds of beef chuck
- 1 whole onion
- 4 carrots, chopped into chunks
- 1 potato, chopped into chunks
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 oz unsalted butter (1 ½ sticks), chilled and cut into 12 pieces
- 1 egg
- 4-5 tablespoons water
- In a large skillet on medium high, brown beef chuck on all sides. Place in a slow cooker. Pour Korean BBQ sauce on top of meat and throw in onions. Cook on high for 6 hours or until meat is fall apart tender. In the last hour of cooking, add in potatoes, carrots and peas.
- While the meat is cooking, make the empanada dough.
- In a food processor, mix together flour and salt.
- Add the butter, egg and water until a clumpy dough forms.
- Form a ball, flatten slightly, and chill in the refrigerator until the meat is ready.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll it out onto a floured surface until the dough is about ¼ inch thick. Cut out roughly 4 inch round circles in the dough. Place 1-2 tablespoons of meat in the center and fold the circle into a half moon. Pinch and fold the edges to seal them. Place empanadas onto a prepared baking sheet. Brush with egg wash. Bake for 25 minutes.
This post brought to you by Campbell’s Dinner Sauces. Weekend-worthy dinners with only weekday-level effort needed! Learn more at http://www.campbellsauces.com/