Lately since I have acquired an extra internship on top of my other internship plus freelance projects, I’m all about easy recipes. These one-bowl candy cane brownies are fudgy and studded with minty candy cane goodness. Personally, mint is not a flavor I enjoy so I kept it to a minimum in these brownies. Nonetheless, I wont judge you if you put in a few drops of mint extract.
When it comes to the baking time, I like to under bake these one bowl candy cane brownies for extra richness. They taste like a piece of fudge slathered in butter cream frosting. Talk about sinful. While the frosting is optional, it’s really not because when is frosting ever optional? These one bowl candy cane brownies give me an extra dose of holiday cheer. Tis the season for fat pants!
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 and ½ sticks unsalted butter
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Hershey's Candy Cane Bars, chopped
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1½ tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 8 by 8 inch square pan with foil. Spray nonstick spray onto foil and the rest of the pan.
- In a large microwaveable bowl, add the butter and chocolate. Microwave for about a minute, stir then nuke in 15 second increments until butter and chocolate has melted.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Fold in flour, and chopped Hershey's bar.
- Spread the batter into pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Make sure the brownies are cool before you frost them.
- Combine all ingredients together and beat until light and fluffy. Spread on top of brownies.