Along with cooler temperatures, Fall brings a sense of rushed week nights to the mix. You get home from work, make dinner, help your kids with homework, blah blah blah. That is why it always helps to have a few standby meals up your sleeve. Mine are stir-fry, burritos, sandwiches and curry. There are plenty of complicated curry dishes out there, but this recipe I have posted today is quite the opposite. It only requires Greek yogurt, curry powder and vegetables.
Also,another bonus of this Twenty Minute Vegetarian curry is the vegetables are interchangeable. Swap out preference to taste and or what’s in your crisper draw. Garbanzo beans add a surge of protein so you won’t get hungry twenty minutes later. A daily occurrence I find when I eat vegetarian. Oh!, and this is one of those dishes that taste better the longer it sits in the fridge. So make some extra and call this curry lunch.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper,chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 8 ounce container of Greek Yogurt
- 2 tsp yellow curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- While that cooks, drain and rinse garbanzo beans. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute onions until translucent. Add carrots and peppers and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Dump the beans into the saucepan and stir until heated through. Reducing the heat to low, mix in yogurt until combined. Add curry powder, salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Serve over rice.