When summer time rolls around, life takes on an unhurried pace. The days are longer and are frequently enjoyed outside under a blanket of sunshine. Dinners are cooked on the grill or sometimes even breakfast. (FYI you can’t grill eggs, I have tried). To take advantage of this cherished season, uncomplicated appetizers are a number one priority.
I don’t know what it is about peaches, but I cant get enough of them especially when they are season. In the past week, I have whipped up a Peach Crumble Pie, a Peach Truffle and these Goat Cheese and Peach Crostini. Yellow peaches taste like honey to me, and when they taste that sweet, they need little else. This appetizer is fuss free. Toast the bread, smear on the goat cheese and layer on the peaches. BAM! You are a hostess with the mostest. Enjoy!
- 1 large yellow peach
- 1 dark molasses oatmeal baguette, sliced thin
- 4 oz log of goat cheese
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush the bread on both sides with olive oil. Arrange on baking sheet and bake until crusty, about 10 minutes.
- Halve, pit, and thinly slice peach.
- Smear bread slices with goat cheese. Arrange peach slices on top and sprinkle with top.