Posted on 9 July, 2013

Goat Cheese and Peach Crostini

Recipe

Peach and Goat Cheese Crostini 3-1

When summer time rolls around, life takes on an unhurried pace.  The days are longer and are frequently enjoyed outside under a blanket of sunshine. Dinners are cooked on the grill or sometimes even breakfast. (FYI you can’t grill eggs, I have tried). To take advantage of this cherished season, uncomplicated appetizers are a number one priority.

Peach and Goat Cheese Crostini 1-1

I don’t  know what it is about peaches, but I cant get enough of them especially when they are season. In the past week, I have whipped up a Peach Crumble Pie, a Peach Truffle and these Goat Cheese and Peach Crostini. Yellow peaches taste like honey to me, and when they taste that sweet, they need little else. This appetizer is fuss free. Toast the bread, smear on the goat cheese and layer on the peaches. BAM! You are a hostess with the mostest. Enjoy!

Peach and Goat Cheese Crostini
Ingredients
  • 1 large yellow peach
  • 1 dark molasses oatmeal baguette, sliced thin
  • 4 oz log of goat cheese
  • Salt to taste
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Brush the bread on both sides with olive oil. Arrange on baking sheet and bake until crusty, about 10 minutes.
  3. Halve, pit, and thinly slice peach.
  4. Smear bread slices with goat cheese. Arrange peach slices on top and sprinkle with top.

You Might Also Like

12 Comments

• Reply Sarah 9 July, 2013 at 1:05 am

When the peaches are that good, simple Really is best. Delish!
    Sarah recently posted…Golden Lemon & Rosemary Syrup PuddingMy Profile

• Reply Nicole 9 July, 2013 at 7:10 pm

I agree! Thank you Sarah.

• Reply Nessa 9 July, 2013 at 4:02 pm

So simple and amazing!

• Reply Nicole 9 July, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Thank you!

• Reply Elizabeth - SugarHero.com 10 July, 2013 at 2:00 am

Love it! You can keep posting peach recipes all summer, I’m totally on board with that plan. I keep buying them by the bucket and eating most of them plain, but maybe one of these days I’ll save them from myself and make some awesome apps with them!
    Elizabeth – SugarHero.com recently posted…Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup CookiesMy Profile

• Reply Joanne 10 July, 2013 at 4:50 am

I feel like i could eat crostini for every meal all summer and still could never get enough! Especially with peaches and goat cheese on top…two of my serious favorites.
    Joanne recently posted…Recipe: Summer Squash Tartines with Ricotta, Rosemary and LemonMy Profile

• Reply Miss Messy 10 July, 2013 at 7:53 am

What a delicious little idea, these sound amazing! :)

• Reply ashley - baker by nature 10 July, 2013 at 7:57 am

These are the perfect light bites for Summer!
    ashley – baker by nature recently posted…Simple Salmon, Avocado, and Lemon – Pepper CappelliniMy Profile

• Reply Aimee @ ShugarySweets 11 July, 2013 at 4:01 am

Goat cheese? Sign me up!!!
    Aimee @ ShugarySweets recently posted…Chicken Caesar PocketsMy Profile

• Reply amy @ fearless homemaker 11 July, 2013 at 5:45 am

I loooove fresh summer peaches and this is a perfect way to showcase them!

• Reply Irina @ wandercrush 15 July, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Lovely flavours! Not to mention the pairing with dark molasses oatmeal baguette…….whaaaaaat? I want these right now.
    Irina @ wandercrush recently posted…Whole Wheat Za’atar ManakishMy Profile

• Reply Billy 16 July, 2013 at 7:57 am

This sounds fantastic! I might deviate from the recipe a bit and use some apricots. It’s funny b/c I live in Georgia, the Peach State, yet I can’t find any good, ripe peaches at the grocery store. I guess I need to head to the farmers market or a road side stand. Thanks!
    Billy recently posted…Enameled Cast Iron vs Cast IronMy Profile