I can never keep up with food holidays, there are just too many. That is why I love my fellow food bloggers who are more on top of their game then me. Like Dorothy, the women behind Crazy For Crust, she somehow always knows its National Pancake Day or Cupcake Day with recipes to coincide. Well guess what? Thanks to her I am in the know about Pie Day! You get it because today is March 14th (3.14)
So for the math geeks out there or if you just want a reason to eat copious amounts of pie because who wouldn’t? This day is made for you. And the best part Dorothy is hosting a party over on her blog complete with prizes. So hop on over there once I am done professing my love for this Coconut Key Lime Pie. It’s creamy, slightly tart and has a crust made out of coconut. There is no cutting butter into flour or fighting with your rolling pin. This pie comes together in twenty minutes flat. That’s all she wrote people. High tail your cute little butts over to Crazy For Crust and win a pie pan for me, ok? Have fun!
- For the Crust:
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- For the Filling:
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup lime juice
- 2 14 ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- lime zest from one lime
- For the Crust: Mix together the coconut and melted butter together. Pat into a 8 inch pie plate. Bake for 15 minutes or golden brown.
- For the Filling: Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine egg yolks, lime juice and two cans sweetened condensed milk in a medium bowl. Fold in the lime zest. Pour the mixture into the pre-baked coconut crust. Bake in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. Let cool for at least an hour in the fridge. When ready to serve top with sweetened coconut or whipped cream.
Join the Pi Day Pie Party with Crazy for Crust and enter to win some fabulous prizes!”