Posted on 21 February, 2013

BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza

Recipe

Here’s the deal, the ‘down low and get jiggy with it’. I had big plans to post a basic recipe for Pulled Pork but then I sprinkled it over pizza dough and my mind was blown.  Up until 5 months ago, I had no idea you could make pizza in your own oven at home.  It was one of those moments where you feel as if you’ve been cheated your entire life.  Twenty dollars for a huge pizza, lacking in toppings versus a practically free pizza, loaded down with everything in the fridge.  I’ll take the latter, thank you very much! While this BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza seems to have a lot of steps, you can do most of them the night or morning of.

Pulled Pork BBQ Pizza (1 of 1)

If you use Averie Cooks One Hour Pizza Dough recipe which you should because the woman is damn brilliant when it comes to dough and put the pork in the slow cooker before you leave for work, dinner will be ready in no time flat. The salty pork counterbalances the sweet and tangy BBQ sauce, making it hard to stop at one slice. Feel free to leave out the white onion or avocado sprinkled on top, however, they cut the richness of the cheese.  Enjoy!

Yields: 1 (15 inch) pizza, 4 – 6 servings

Ingredients

Pulled Pork

• 1 lb bone in pork tenderloin
  • 1 12oz jar salsa
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 tablespoon ground cumin
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced

Pizza

• 2 tablespoons of corn meal
  • 1 pre-made pizza dough or from scratch
  • 1 cup BBQ sauce ( I used Bone Sucken Sauce)
  • 2 1/2 cups pulled pork
  • 6 oz Mexican Blend Cheese
  • 6 oz Cotija Cheese
  • 1/2 of a white onion, sliced
  • 1/2 of an avocado, sliced

Directions

Pulled Pork:

Place the pork tenderloin in the bottom of your slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the meat. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 6 hours. When done, shred the meat with two forks.

Pizza:

Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees F to 525 F ( I am scared my oven might blow up if I go that high)

Sprinkle the corn meal on the bottom of your baking sheet and set the rolled out pizza dough on top. Spoon 1 cup BBQ sauce over the pizza dough, leaving a 1 inch border around the edge.  Sprinkle the cooled pulled pork over the sauce, then top with the cheese and onion slices. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly. Add the chopped avocado.

Pulled Pork Recipe from here

You Might Also Like

18 Comments

• Reply Averie @ Averie Cooks 21 February, 2013 at 8:42 am

Thanks for making my pizza dough and linking up and the sweet things you just said! And yes, making pizza at home is practically free, tastes a million times better and it’s so satisfying DIYing it! So glad you’re a fan as much as I am of it!

• Reply Nicole 23 February, 2013 at 3:27 am

Your one hour pizza dough turned me into a fan! Before that I alway assumed pizza was a huge pain in the ass. I am so glad I found out otherwise.

• Reply The Domestic Rebel 21 February, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Ermahgerd, I loveeee me some pulled pork. And pizza. Hello, pizza is like, THEEE perfect food of all foods in the world. And I am drooling over this!

• Reply Nicole 23 February, 2013 at 3:26 am

If there was one food I had to eat for the rest of my life, it would be pizza. There are so many endless combinations.

• Reply The Beeroness (@TheBeeroness) 21 February, 2013 at 3:49 pm

This looks so good! It might get me back on speaking terms with my slow cooker ;)

• Reply Nicole 23 February, 2013 at 3:25 am

Haha i think this recipe will have you on BFF terms with your slow cooker. It’s that good!

• Reply EasyKoreanfood 22 February, 2013 at 11:43 am

Hello! I recently just started a youtube Korean food channel, EasyKoreanFood, where you can learn how to make fast and easy Korean food! It would mean the world to me if you took the time to check it out because I’m just starting out! Thanks!

• Reply Aimee @ ShugarySweets 22 February, 2013 at 12:33 pm

I love that you used pulled pork instead of chicken. We always have leftover pulled pork :)

• Reply Nicole 23 February, 2013 at 3:28 am

Left over pulled pork doesn’t last long in my house but when it does, I love coming up with recipes for it.

• Reply amy donovan (@amy_donovan) 22 February, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Oh wow, this looks amazing! I love pulled pork and I love pizza, but I’ve never tried combining the two. Brilliant!

• Reply Nicole 23 February, 2013 at 3:33 am

Thank you! I am sure with you being 6 months pregnant and all, quick dinner recipes are the usual which is the beauty of the pulled pork. Throw it in the slow cooker and forget about it!

• Reply sally @ sallys baking addiction 22 February, 2013 at 5:28 pm

I absolutely LOVE pulled pork! But I’ve never tried it on pizza before. I love making homemade pizza as well, I have to make my own crust next time with Averie’s recipe. Yum!

• Reply Nicole 23 February, 2013 at 3:30 am

Averie’s recipe is my go to! You will be amazed how quickly you can get homemade pizza on the table with that recipe.

• Reply BruCrew Life 25 February, 2013 at 1:42 pm

I love pulled pork sandwiches!! But I love that you went a step further and put it on pizza. YUM!!!!

• Reply Rachel @ Bakerita 25 February, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Yum – this sounds phenomenal. Pulled pork on a pizza?! Genius.

• Reply Nicole 27 February, 2013 at 1:50 am

Thank you! But I honestly feel as if pulled pork makes anything taste good.

• Reply Krista Low 14 March, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Love this! I have a bunch of pork leftovers in the fridge and I plan to use this! Thanks.

I just wanted to let you know I love your blog and nominated you for a Liebster Award. Check out my blog A Handful of Everything for details!
    Krista Low recently posted…Nominated for a Liebster Award!!!My Profile

• Reply Nicole 14 March, 2013 at 11:41 pm

I would love to know what you think of it! Enjoy your dinner.