Posted on 31 January, 2013

Smoky Ranch Dip

Recipe

I don’t watch the Super Bowl for the game, unless the Seahawks are playing, I watch it for the commercials and to have an excuse to eat my weight in dip. My favorite commercials are the ones for Doritos. That pug running at full speed in slow motion, kills me every time.  Then I usually get a hankering for chips covered in fake cheese dust. Luckily, there are about five different dips on my game day table to dunk them in because Doritos without Smoky Ranch Dip is a sad chip.

IMG_0264

Your Super Bowl viewing party isn’t the place to show off your mad culinary skills.  Testosterone fueled men won’t care what they are shoveling into their pile hole as along as they don’t have to tear their eyes away from the game which mean’s a lot of easy portable snacks.  This Smoky Ranch Dip can be put together in less then five minutes and it’s a way to sneak in a few vegetables. Also, the sight of it will mesmerize your dog. Enjoy!

Serves 6

Ingredients

1 (1-oz.) envelope Ranch dressing mix

1 1/2 cups light sour cream

2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce

1 teaspoon adobo sauce from can

Directions:

Whisk the four ingredients together in a small bowl. Cover and chill for 30 minutes. Serve with assorted vegetables.

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

• Reply bakerbynature 1 February, 2013 at 12:56 am

Love a good veggie dip! I’ll definitely try this soon.

• Reply Aimee @ ShugarySweets 1 February, 2013 at 12:59 am

I love those chipotle peppers in adobo. I freeze them in an icecube tray after opening a can up. This dip sounds perfect!!!

• Reply Nicole 3 February, 2013 at 9:07 pm

What a great idea! I am always left with half a can of unused peppers. Now they won’t go to waste.

• Reply Sally 2 February, 2013 at 9:30 pm

I can never be trusted around veggie dip. Or any dip fo the matter! I’d seriously go to town on practically this whole recipe lol. It sounds amazing!

• Reply Nicole 3 February, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Embarrassing fact: I polished off this dip all by myself. I can’t resist a good dip!

• Reply amy donovan (@amy_donovan) 7 February, 2013 at 7:47 pm

I loooove dips of all sorts + this one sounds just fantastic. Conveniently I have a can of chiles in adobo in my pantry right now – I know what I’ll do with the leftover adobo sauce! =)